Friday, August 29, 2008

I'll Try Not to Should on Myself (or Others)

In order to share a passage from Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, I must first acknowledge that I stopped reading it a while ago and never finished it. I actually didn't get too far and have since picked it up and started again in the early pages of the book. What Tolle wrote on page 41 so succinctly expresses how I have felt about my diagnosis & treatment since the very early days of it all. He writes:

Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful in the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.

I find there to be so much power in those words power - power to take on my life peacefully. And the freedom to experience my life as it is vs. how I believe it should be.

And I am clear I have not discovered this on my own. These teachings have existed in religions and faiths around the world long before I ever woke up to the world around me. However, once I was diagnosed and had my life turned upside down, I quickly began to let go of how I belived life should be. And now for my treatment to include a permanently life-altering surgery, I have again, found myself letting go of how I believe life should be. So I suppose being aware in each moment that I am having the experience I need to have in order to further the evolution of my consciousness may take some time to put into pracrtice and it is who I am committed to being each day. Even when I am late for an appointment and the person in front of me is driving incredibly slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment