- Thursday March 15, 2007 - I requested a referral to see a specialist. Why? I was passing too much red blood for too long (and getting no results with my, now former, primary care physician).
- Wednesday March 21, 2007 - Examination by general surgeon - unknown mass found.
- Friday March 23, 2007 - Colonoscopy - ulcerous tumor found
- Tuesday March 27, 2007 - Diagnosed with Stage II Rectal Cancer
[resection surgery: removal of descending colon, sigmoid colon & rectum; rebuilding of new rectum with transverse colon and reconnected to anus; temporary ostomy bag for 8 months while resection surgery heals]
followed by 3 to 6 more months of chemotherapy & radiation
- Wednesday March 28, 2007 - I cried my stinking eyes out, screamed at the ceiling and then cried a whole lot more.
- Friday April 13, 2007 - 2nd Opinion at Sloan-Kettering