Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Very Different World


I see cancer very differently than I did when I was first diagnosed. I used to view cancer as a nightmare situation in which you hope to be alive when it's all said and done. Now that I am just under six months into the Gerson Therapy, I view cancer as a serious obstacle to any one's life, but I have begun to see it as a circumstance that, in many cases, can be managed so that the body can be returned to optimum health. I am clear that there is yet to be a "silver bullet" that will heal us all, but there are many types of cancer that can be healed naturally with the utilization of the correct therapy. I am by no means opposed to Western Medical approach to cancer - people use it and they survive and that is a beautiful thing. However, I am deeply moved and inspired by what the Gerson Therapy brings to the conversation of cancer as a curable disease.

I have read about one third of the way through "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell and I have again found myself inside of another profound conversation about how animal protein feeds and stimulates cancer growth and that without animal protein cancer cannot live. And, in "The China Study," Campbell provides the double blind studies that the the scientific world relies upon. The news it delivers - bottom line - is that cancer and other degenerative diseases (heart disease, diabetes, etc.) are curable diseases. Not just survivable, but curable based on the food we eat.

"He who does not know food, how can he understand the diseases of man?"
-Hippocrates, the father of medicine (460-357 B.C.)

So where am I left with all of this?I live in a different world than I lived in six months ago [something I said in the not so distant past]. I now live in a world where people facing the possibility of death from a disease such as cancer have a far greater chance of living a long and healthy life. I am not saying that all people diagnosed with cancer should do the Gerson Therapy, but with therapies such as the Gerson Therapy available and known to others, the chances of life after cancer greatly increases. As far as I'm concerned, the odds of life after cancer just ain't high enough yet and increased odds are a damn good thing. And the internet has provided us the opportunity to take responsibility for our health and wellness like never before. Daniela, my incredible wife and partner in this healing process, found out about Gerson Therapy from the internet - thank goodness! The information is at our finger tips - now we are just required to invest the time in the research.

And where does that take me? Back to my life pre-diagnosis when I had fallen off of the vegetarian "wagon" - miles and miles ago! I wasn't interested in eating as healthy as I knew how. I like cheese burgers. I like pizza. I like milk shakes. I love Krispy Kreme Doughnuts thank you very much. We like to eat what we like to eat. Macaroni and cheese for cryin' out loud. Who doesn't like macaroni and cheese??? If you don't, I don't want to hear it - I'm proving a point [Ha-ha!]. We love our food and it's tough to step away from what we find absolutely delicious. And fortunately, some folks have the genes to not have to worry about it or so it seems. However, the truth is on it's way out. Those of us at risk or in the midst of serious diseases can be free of them by altering our diet if it is the path we choose and that is great news. We ain't talkin' about Nutrition 101, we're talkin' about healing people.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly there will be no silver bullet; we have come so far from natural living and still expect bodies to fend off poisons at every turn! Drugs only create more toxins for the liver to deal with and it is ALREADY under siege and unable to function properly, which makes us sick in the first place! Yep, we have to take the reins back and open our eyes to the fact that it is our lifestyle that has to change. THat includes everything Max Gerson talked about. Drug companies are just getting fat while people desperately throw money at them.

    ReplyDelete