Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sooner Than I Expected

This afternoon I spent time with Daniela & Beau at the swimming hole again. This is day two of not hiding my pouch and instead just taping it up and taking off my shirt. It feels good to be shaking off the weight of my concern about it being seen. And this ease I am having with it is actually showing up sooner than I expected.

Wow. I just looked out the window and the sun is shining through the rain. Quite beautiful.

Anyway, cooling off in the creek is such a privilege during this little heatwave we're having. And the heatwave is the reason for the change. I just couldn't keep going down to the swimming hole covered in sweat without getting wet and I wasn't going to swim in my shirt to hide my pouch. That would be like someone going to a nudist beach and being the only one walking around in their underwear. I think you end up standing out more that way.

Yeah, a bandage connected to my abdomen appears a bit weird, but like I did, most get over it pretty quick or wonder what it is but just don't bother to ask. The kids are the ones who stare at it and wonder what the hell it is. To tell you the truth, it's actually easier that way.

1 comment: