Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Diagnosis is Finally Here

I spoke to my Pumonologist yesterday. She has diagnosed me with Extreme Deconditioning as a result of having cancer, chemo, radiation, surgery, an embolism and the sedentary lifestyle which resulted from it all. Her recommendation is rehabilitation and believes, due to what she refers to as my anaerobic state, I will require anywhere from 6 to 16 weeks of rehab.

This is GREAT news! I am thrilled that my diagnosis is one in which the treatment can completely cure the symptoms. I will see my Primary Physician on Monday and anticipate an immediate referral so I can get back to a "normal" life.

Might this blog actually be coming to end???? [laughing out loud!!!] I sure hope so.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like great news! I hope you're increasing your activity level on a daily basis. Don't set your activity/exercise goals too high too quickly. Hope your appointment with your doctor next week goes well. Again, I'd be happy to help as able. Jim Swartz jmspt@localnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bert,

    That IS great news! And I can tell you that I have been working with a trainer at the gym for a few months now, and it had made a huge difference in my rate of recovery. I haven't gone through nearly the trials that you have, but I know that if I have seen such great results in terms of physical conditioning, energy levels, and stamina, I know you can too!!!

    I hope you will keep the blog active, if only just to let us all know how great your recovery and rehabilitation are going.

    I am so happy for you.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete