Sunday, October 4, 2009

Friday's Physical Therapy Appointment

On Friday, I saw David McCune - a local Physical Therapist - and I feel good about the plan he came up with. He believes I will become healthy again by following a three stage process - first regaining my endurance, then my strength, then my power. My understanding of the three stage process is the following: build up my endurance and once it increases to a healthy level, to then increase the effort I put into my exercise to build my strength so that I can eventually develop the power my muscles I need to handle more than just my own weight and have my power back.

In all honesty, hat may not have been exactly what Dave said, but I couldn't sleep on Thursday night so I was more than a little foggy on Friday morning.

To do this, he wants me to find an exercise bicycle, preferably a Schwinn Airdyne Exercise Bike, which uses a fan (as resistance) in place of the wheel and a monitors the amount of energy I exert while doing it. I'm hoping to one (or a comparable one) I can borrow from a friend because I certainly can't afford to buy one and the cost of going to their office 3, 4, 5 times a week is not somethign we can afford.

So if you're local and you have have one currently being used as a clothing rack, I'd love to borrow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment