Friday, December 9, 2011

They're Here!


Well, on Wednesday I noticed the lack or taste in my mouth, which is the best way I can describe the one of the symptoms I experienced during my previous chemotherapy experience. It's an experience that leaves me wanting to put a piece of candy in my mouth to cover up the bad taste, which again is more like a lack of taste. Then there's also an experience of tightness behind my eyes and in my nose. Both the mouth and the sinuses are soft, mucous membrane tissues and thus effected when the body is being administered chemo, medicine that kills rapidly developing cells. And as anticipated by my oncologist and her staff, the sensations are minimal, and certainly nothing compared to the side-effects I experienced in 2007 & 2008.

That being said, I've been anticipating the upcoming systemic treatment, wondering how my body will feel on December 14th and the weeks to follow, once I start the systemic chemotherapy treatment. Initially, I stopped scheduling any coaching sessions and planned on scheduling no musical performances. And then a friend supported me in distinguishing how I had put the cart before the horse. Once I noticed that, I scheduled coaching sessions and I'm in the process of booking a couple gigs if there are available dates where I prefer to perform.

However,  I noticed I was still doing it, if not with scheduling my life, at least with my general attitude about "how it's going to go." The reality is I really don't know how it's going to go, so my intention is a pleasant and joyful experience of each moment. Should life circumstances show up otherwise, I'll manage that when the time comes. But either way, the side-effects have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment