Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nineteen Months: No Detectable Sign of Cancer

Today's quarterly scan was negative. I have now been clear of any detectable sign of cancer for 19 months. I'm in a bus in New Jersey coming out of the tunnel, looking at the Manhattan skyline, headed back home. Another chapter compete. I feel grateful right now. And I find I no longer recognize much of this life anymore. Many of the same people and places but so much of my life has changed so drastically in so many ways.  I feel much more an observer in many aspects. In other ways, such as when ego has the reins, I forget to observe and then life becomes familiar again. And all of that is in the background of a "good bill of health" for myself and my family. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this, Bert! I had a friend here in Syracuse have a remission miracle recently, and I love hearing news like this.

    Wishing you many more clean scans to come!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete