Thursday, February 4, 2021

Bowel Obstruction: After All These Years

My intention was to release Episode Seven of Season Two of But Seriously: The Cancer Podcast on Friday February 5th. However, early Wednesday morning I checked myself into the Emergency Department and was diagnosed with a small bowel obstruction due to an adhesion.


I’m feeling much better and the need for surgery is becoming less likely.

The colorectal resection I had in 2008 and/or the liver resection I had in 2011 are likely the reason for the adhesions in my abdomen. Apparently adhesions can show up years after a surgery and are not restricted to just the surgical area. 

I’m hoping to be home in time to watch Super Bowl LV

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Yikes I forgot to post my good news update! I'm going to do that now.

      Delete