Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stayin' Alive

I have been feeling great since my last entry. I'll admit that gratitude seems a little far off right now. The therapy can get a little tiresome, but I just I pop in a funny DVD or I crack open a book and spend the afternoon somewhere far away inside some author's head [sounds a little creepy, huh?]. Then I glance over and see baby Beau smiling at me and I just melt. And then I think of my family and realize how grateful I am for them, and that I am...

Right now I'm listening to the Bee Gees Stayin' Alive - my theme song. Yeah, I've got it cranked - whoops - now Jackie's asking me to turn it down. Amazing how so much can change and at the same time, some things never change. Stayin' Alive has been one of my favorite songs for as long as I can remember...ever since I first placed the needle of my mom's record player on that magical piece of vinyl and suddenly found my little self dancing like nobody was watching. Yeah, I love disco! That'll have to be our little secret... I can even remember doing my best to walk like John Travolta when I was in the 4th grade! I wish I could go back in time and see my little 10-year old self strutting down the hall trying to be cool. Hilarious.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bert!
    Whew! This is the 5th or 6th time I have tried to post a comment! Each time, I got an "incorrect password" tag but this time, I just know its gonna go through. Before I get all poetic with Bert appreciation I want to make sure this flies. Too many other wordy messages got lost in cyberspace due to this high tech technique here. Okay message...time to fly.
    Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoopie! This is fun. My comment went through!
    Bert, you are Generous, Inspirational, Courageous, Funny, and Cool.
    THANK YOU! I have been reading your blog all along. Thank you for providing the window onto your journey. It is most gracious and generous.
    You are generating that powerful ring of healing; I think it works this way. YOu are the matrix of a circle of loved ones, friends, and well wishers who send you their love, prayers, healing thoughts; you receive and send back, keeping this fabulous energy moving. Its a true spiritual law.
    IN the LOVE,
    Rain (been there too!)

    ReplyDelete