Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Onodaga County 911

Regarding my rather fascinating experience on the interstate last week, I thought I should let you know that I did call the Onondaga County 911 office the following day and spoke to an operator supervisor. I shared my concern about the telephone operator's recommendation that I pull off the interstate, park my car and then call the police for assistance. Before I could even finish my sentence, the supervisor I was speaking with let me know that the operator was still somewhat new and would be instructed to direct anyone else who found themselves in my position to a police station.

It was quite a relief to know that was not standard procedure...

3 comments:

  1. You can't tie up the 911 lines in Syracuse over a situation like that. They reserve those phone lines for shootings and stabbings. What were you thinking?

    For a situation like yours, you need to file the complaint in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the
    same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!

    ReplyDelete