Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pretty Darn Tired Lately

I had thought by now I wouldn't be posting much on this blog. I figured at this point, the blog would just be for what are currently my quarterly scan results. And, I hadn't planned on the Pulmonary Embolism or the Shingles. It seems the Shingles are starting to go away. Fortunately, they weren't too bad. In fact the pharmaceuticals I took for them were worse than the Shingles themselves. And since embolisms, Shingles, and the pharmaceuticals prescribed for Shingles make a person tired, I've been pretty darn tired lately. It's definitely not uncommon for me to sleep 10 to 12 hours any given night.

The Pulmonary Embolism is definitely still present. I have moments during which my energy levels feel relatively normal, but when I exert myself during those times, i.e., walk for more than 1000 feet, I find myself without much energy and then not just tired by the end of the day, but exhausted. I definitely can't run yet or even walk at a fast pace. However, I do have more energy than I did when I was originally diagnosed with the embolism and that's certainly a plus.

My next scheduled visit with my oncologist is mid-month and I look forward to hearing that it has shrunk significantly.

2 comments:

  1. Bert, I'm sorry you are still struggling with fatigue. If it helps, I still struggle with it sometime too, and I don't have an embolism. I think that your fatigue is probably a combination of the embolism, the meds, and your body still working on healing from all the treatment.

    I'm sorry this is taking so long for you.

    It's looking like my Mom has renal cancer - I can't even put my feelings into words about this, other than to say it sucks, which is such an understatement.

    I hate cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. You're in my prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete