Thursday, May 17, 2007

Reflection

Yesterday I went to the beach. Juan the maintenance man gave me a ride. He dropped me off and I sat for a while and was met by Chris Stadelmaier (my Gerson companion) and another guest and two other companions. It took about 15 minutes for me to be captured by the motion of the sea. There's a lot of letting go here at Baja Nutricare. Letting go of the desire for comfort food is the easy part. Letting go of my active lifestyle is a little tougher. Gerson Therapy requires REST REST REST. I feel a little stir crazy, not being able to walk, but I guess I'll get used to it.

So there I was at the beach - irritated, uncomfortable, wishing I hadn't gone. It seems it's all a part of this process. Letting go of how I've done things for most of my life. So, I thanked my feelings for sharing and looked back out onto the sea. Then it captured me and I would have stayed for hours given the opportunity. But considering it would have required me to do a coffee enema right there on the beach, I opted for a timely return to the privacy of my room. As we left, I hoped we would see more dolphins and far more play on their part. The few dolphins we saw were not launching out the water (apparently they were yesterday). Instead they occasionally surfaced and soon they were gone.

I am learning rudimentary Spanish (having "studied" it in college may be having a little impact - but not much!) Didn't do so well at the ole Espanol. We have fun with the staff though. Many of them know little to no English, so we teach each other.

1 comment:

  1. Mi espanol del universidad es horrible tambien! yo aprendado mas mejor en guatemala quando maria y yo estudiado alla para un mes.i will quit now so you don't have to try and figure out bad spanish. the best way to learn is how you are doing it now. we did a home stay for a month and studied one-on-one with and instructor every weekday for a month. i learned more in that month than 2 semesters at college.
    have fun...learning a new language is not easy for most folks, but can be fun sometimes and frustrating other times.

    ReplyDelete