Saturday, May 10, 2008

Trying To Find The Correct Balance

I'm not quite certain why I have been writing in code when it comes to my body parts - like my "back side," "front side" or "my business." I guess it's because of the range of people who read this blog. When I am in a group of mixed company, there are certain topics that I avoid or if they are discussed, I refrain from using certain words. I'm starting to think that avoiding certain words is sillier than just saying what's so. I am just going to write what is so and you do with it what you will.

Last week was a struggle - finding the right amount of Imodium A-D to take without blocking myself up. One day last week I took too much and became constipated, so the next day I took something to relieve the constipation and took too much of that. It went like that all week - trying to find the correct balance.

Today the diarrhea started first in the morning. The directions say to take two Imodium A-D after the first loose stool and then one after each subsequent loose stool - not to exceed four in a day. Since the stuff locks me up like Fort Knox, I took one after the first loose stool and then half of one after each subsequent loose stool. It was ineffective. I have had diarrhea all day long - from 5 am until 1 AM. Well, I just took a whole one at 1 AM and I'm really hoping it will take care of the problem.

And here's the worst part about it: I have had flu symptoms - severely aching muscle & joints all day long and all this diarrhea is happening while I have "sunburned" skin covering a 1 1/2 inch radius around my anus and about 40% of that area is bright red and raw. Thank goodness I have a combination of two ointments - one for numbing the area and one for killing bacteria that could enter the open skin.

And if that's not enough, my genitals are now sunburned and getting raw, as is the skin on the insides of my thighs on either side of my genitals. Having diarrhea constantly irritating this open skin provides me with occasional moments of unbelievable stinging. Again, it's a beautiful thing to have numbing ointment because it does work and keeps from feeling the stinging pain most of the time. The other problem is the diarrhea came on so fast that the only way to get to the toilet on time was to lay on the enema table with a pillow - occasionally taking a nap only to wake up to intense diarrhea again.

The last and final piece is the gas. I have gas that as it moves through my intestines feels like something trying to push its way out of my abdomen. After a five to ten seconds of that, the pain goes away. This happens a couple of times in any given hour. This whole thing is absolutely absurd. And I am beyond grateful that I am not nauseous and vomiting all day as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sunburned? Slap on some sunscreen next time you lay out.

    ReplyDelete