Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Very Positive Projection

I just spoke with two of the Resident doctors here and asked about the possibility of cancer metastasis within my Pulmonary Artery. The senior resident explained that an embolism in the Pulmonary Artery is uncommon. For that reason, the radiologist wanted to rule out the possibility of a cancerous tumor.

The residents also let me know that the odds of cancer in the Pulmonary Artery are extremely low. And then even lower than that. They recommended I not worry about it being anything other than an PE.

Yes, I am delivering this to you with a degree of uncertainty, but I thought it worth it mentioning considering how scary the possibility of metastasis is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bert, it I were in your shoes I would be thinking "ENOUGH ALREADY!" But it sounds like you are keeping your optimism intact - and your perspective is adjusting "only an embolism"... when your Mom emailed me yesterday about this question of PE or tumor, I wondered how you were keeping your sanity.

    I'm glad to hear that your doctors think it is a PE even though they cannot confirm it. I pray always that you are cancer free.

    Thinking of you and your family,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete