Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Latest Healing Reactions

So, I've been in a bit of a funk for the past week or so. I've felt much more introverted than I felt a week or so ago. I haven't been calling many people or returning calls - or at least not promptly. And I've also been sore. The tumor area just doesn't seem to be letting up lately - aching when I wake up more times than not and then aching at various, random times throughout the day. For pain management, I use ice packs or castor oil packs which are relatively effective. I have also received trigger point body work which has made a huge difference.

Two nights ago, I woke up at 4:20 AM with abdominal pain. I went down stairs so to not wake up Beau and then it really hit me. Pain. Dull but intense pain that felt like a spoon (with no regard for my feelings!) was forcibly trying to find its way out of the right side of the front of my ribcage, then slowly easing its way to the middle of my body only to find its way out the back of the back of my ribcage, while of course still trying to find its way out the front. Needless to say, it was extremely painful. It lasted for about an hour then away its went. What I haven't said is this is the second time this happened in just a few weeks. To answer your question, YES, I called the good doctor in Mexico and asked him what (the hell) was going on... For all I knew, this was my introduction to another new and exciting health problem. I definitely a little freaked out.

Dr. Cervantes said it was a completely normal healing reaction. He said I was passing something, very likely, out of my liver. Believe it or not, it was very reassuring. Reassuring because I could be at ease and know that it was directly related to the therapy. Not exactly something I'm looking forward to, but at least I know it's just part of the process. And knowing that will make it a little more tolerable next time...if there's a next time. Though if I have any say, I suppose I'll pass and opt for something more along the lines of lethargy.

No comments:

Post a Comment