Monday, October 29, 2007

The Path I Have Chosen

I have been feeling good the last couple of days. I am taking the doctor's orders very seriously and I have been horizontal - on the couch - every day. I've come to accept (or assume) that with Gerson Therapy and the tumor being located in the rectum, I am likely on a slow course to recovery. Recovery, yes. And slow - patience being key. To be honest, I thought that by now (5 1/2 months into it), I would be on my feet and doing all of the cooking and juicing... Surprise, surprise. Not a chance.

This is where I have to remind myself that my choice to not do the surgery and keep my body in tact, puts me in a situation distinct from some of my fellow Gerson patients. I could have had the tumor removed and a permanent colostomy put in place. The Gerson Therapy would then be done in lieu of chemotherapy and radiation and I would likely be well on my way and in great shape (assuming no complications with surgery). Others I met at Bajanutricare were able to choose that route with little impact on the overall functioning of their bodies. My path requires much more patience rest and patience.

2 comments:

  1. Is reading a strain? I've been thinking this might be a good time to learn a new language or take an on-line class; are you able to do that?
    Leave it to me to think of keeping busy even though horizontal.
    Spanish anyone?

    xoxomama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob, I guess I should send you
    a book or something like it. I have
    a good one I will send you, but I
    will also get one for you that you've be wanting (maybe even
    used, as I've learned how to find them online) and I believe in recycling, especially anything that uses paper.

    Love you greatly, (aloha nui loa)
    Auntie Julianna

    PS, Ask Calisto for a hint for a
    book for him.

    ReplyDelete