Saturday, June 9, 2007

Reflection

I have been home since Tuesday night - about 11 PM - and I'm just starting to get my bearings. On Wednesday I was exhausted and way out of sorts. Tuesday's all day travel way pretty tough on us - more than normal travel - because it was a pretty emotional departure - going from the clinic to home. As far away from home as we were, the clinic was very comfortable in that it was very simple in nature with rest as the key focus. And leaving those of us so close to us was an additional strain.

On Wednesday morning I woke up with migraine - 9.5 out of 10 - equivalent to someone in workboots standing on my eyeball and of course the immediate areas surrounding that part of my face (I'm sure M. Winn can relate). The only other migraine I've ever had that bad was during my second week at the clinic. Definitely another detox flare-up. Dr. Max Gerson created Gerson Therapy in order to cure his migraines. It was only in doing so that he discovered it was curing people of cancer as well (so I am certain the migraines are on their way out!).

By Friday morning we had a decent system down here at the house - or should I say "they" had a decent system down: Daniela, Chris, Jackie, Michelle & Tess. They kitchen was completely rearranged and the schedule and process was set into place. Amazing to watch and humbling to accept.

It's again, very humbling to accept so much from others. I love the idea of things being done for me, but that idea of mine also includes me paying for those services. It's a whole 'nother ball of wax when it's people doing for me out of the kindess of their hearts. And then once I let it in and appreciate it, up come feelings of guilt, unworthiness, and all that $#!*. When I shared this with Chris, he had a great response: "Bert, if I had a choice between chopping vegetables or having cancer, I would choose vegetables." Hmm...can't argue with that. So, thank you to each of you for making such a profound difference in our lives. We love you.

I'm still getting adjusted to East Coast time again, hence the late hour post. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Bert! Daniela emailed me your blogspot and I've just finished reading all your entries, from Word One. I feel late to the party, but very glad to finally catch up on what these many weeks have been about for you -- or, at least, to have some sense of them. No one outside yourself will ever "know" what you've been through, but not because we wouldn't do so if we could. You write wonderfully, Bert, and capture in few words some very intense experiences and feelings. Please know how often and deeply you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers and that you'll remain there always. I love the photos of your family (FINALLY I see Beau!). Gorgeous, each and every one of you.

    Much love, tons of prayers, and a warm hug.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete