Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Update/Reflection

Today I have been experiencing leg pain from the knees down and every once in a while my arms, shoulders and back ache. Definitely a strange experience. My energy was good this morning and then dropped around noon. Oh, and my insides have been gurgling like a cauldron...??? More detox symptoms. And when I am standing my legs hurt less. But I'm not supposed to be standing so, I lay down and apply potassium solution to my legs. The potassium draws out toxins and reduces teh intensity of the leg pain.

It's raining outside right now. And it's strange for me because it actually has almost no impact on me as an individual. It impacts me indirectly if Daniela or Cal or Beau have to deal with it, sure. But it's the first time since I was a kid that it makes absolutely no difference if it's raining. Because, I will not be going out today. I will not be going out tomorrow. I will not be going out the next day. I don't have to drive through the night rain or walk through a storm in order to get something we need. I will be sitting inside watching the world go by. So strange. And, I kinda like it, at least varying moments when I can let go of my need to be "doing something constructive." And I included quotes because I am clear that by resting my mind and body I am doing something constructive. It's just not the kind of constructive I'm used to.

What I am used to is email in the morning, walking the dogs, forgetting to finish my breakfast that I was eating on the way to work and then not noticing I'm hungry until 2 or 3pm - at which point I'm starving -, and then working as late as I can and still getting home for dinner if Daniela and Cal can hold out. And then, once I get home, I walk the dogs, eat dinner and do what ever tasks need to be completed, and then read to Cal and go to bed. It's always been go-go-go-go-go. This is my first time that I am in charge of nothing except healing my body.

And I want to thank all of you who have signed up to assist us with food prep and any other various tasks. Each one of you has made a HUGE difference in our lives - you've made all of this possible.

1 comment:

  1. Bert,

    Copy and paste this link:

    <A HREF="http://bert.freevillemusic.com">
    http://bert.freevillemusic.com</A>

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete