Saturday, June 16, 2007

Update/Reflection

Today I have spent the day going through a heavy detox flare-up. I've been exhausted all day. I have no desire to sleep and I am tired after walking across the house more than once. Now that I'm in week five of my detox, I have to remind myself that I am detoxing - I am not sick. This is definitely no piece of cake and this instead of chemo & radiation is a no brainer.

And, sometimes wonder if the context for doing this therapy is to avoid chemo & radiation. I don't ever want to do something in order to avoid something else. I'd rather do what I'm committed to doing. At first it seems that I am doing to avoid the chemo & radiation, but then I remind myself that I'm not. I'm doing this because the method is designed to heal the immune system so it can remove the cancer cells, so I'll do what ever it is I have to do. But don't think for two seconds that I don't want a cheeseburger smothered with onions and a few crisp pickles dipped in some freshly made blue cheese dressing and a chocolate-chocolate chip milkshake RIGHT NOW. And then maybe some fried New England clams smothered in tartar sauce, which would then lead to a cold Sierra Nevada or possibly a Pilsner Urquell and eventually followed by a large cup of coffee, full of cream, concocted with the sole purpose of washing down a number of freshly fried, right off the coveyor, melt in your mouth, Krispy-Kreme donuts. Yeah, that would definitely do it. And in the mean time, I think I'm due for a karrot juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment