Friday, July 11, 2008

Pre-Surgery Meeting

Thursday's meeting with Dr. Cagir went well. He answered our questions and surprised me with one answer. Apparently the surgery will require him to give me an incision from a couple inches above my navel to plenty of inches below it, not to mention the one I'll essentially be sitting on following the surgery. I was hoping the surgery was going to be one of those with a few small holes here and there. NOPE. It will be a nice big slice down the belly and since the surgery I'm having tends to need to be drained [doesn't THAT sound pleasant?], the doctor will staple me closed. This will provide the medical staff with easier access should there be a need for drainage and it will provide me some nice descending symmetrical dots along the incision line.

But I'm just having fun with it. I was surprised it's going to be such a large scar, but as far as the rest...what ever. It is what it is. Maybe I'll ask the doc the make the incision a big ugly zig-zag so I claim I was bitten by a shark. That's far cooler then saying I had surgery. I'll let you know what he says...

So, I gave Dr. Cagir the go ahead. And even better, he & his staff fulfilled my wish to be his first patient of the day. So it's 6:30 AM check-in and by 11 AM, I should be moderately sedated and in recovery. That's assuming all goes well and we'll know the answer to that when it's all said and done. I imagine Daniela will post something on here once she gets home.

In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy myself as much as I can between now and Wednesday. I wonder if they have a pool at the hospital...

No comments:

Post a Comment