Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Update/Reflection

I am feeling great today. I had an acupuncture treatment this afternoon. It went very well. I am also going to schedule an appointment for myself with my therapist. To be completely honest, I feel great emotionally and physically. It's just that I don't want there to be any chance that I am fooling myself and possibly missing something, emotionally, that I haven't dealt with. Maybe I still have some fear or anger or resentment or even anxiety about having cancer. What do I know? It's my first time. But all kidding aside, there are always deeper layers of emotion mixed with past experience and what ever we associate with those experiences, and I don't want something lurking around in the back of my mind negatively impacting my positive attitude.

On another note, we found a new home for our Golden Retriever, Leo, last weekend. We were sad to say goodbye yet happy about his future.


With me on bed rest and very little exercise to look forward to anytime soon (due to tumor location), an intense daily therapy and two kids (with one just under nine months old) we simply don't have it in us to provide a four year old Golden Retriever what he needs on a daily basis. So, Leo now lives with a wonderful family on an alpaca farm in Ohio. They promise he'll visit when they come to see family in the area.

3 comments:

  1. The picture of Daniela and Beau is WONderful! Thank you for that.
    I felt a terrible drag on my heart when I learned that Leo is now in Ohio. It's good to know that he has "running room" however. I'm glad you have Maxwell.
    I love you and your discipline and your inspirational posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the picture of Beau and Daniela. Beau must be a wonderful distraction.

    Bert, I don't think you have shared how you discovered you had cancer. The information could be helpful to others, monitoring their health. Symptoms - if not too distasteful!

    Lots of love from London

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered I had missed your post of May 13th, in which you described your path to diagnosis.

    More love from London. C

    ReplyDelete