Monday, December 24, 2007

Good Signs

I have eaten salad for the last week and I am loving it. I haven't eaten salad in about 9 months because all that roughage had been...well...a little tough on the old tumor. I'm guessing the thing must be shrinking because now I can eat salad with no problem. And it definitely adds to the meal, which I am happy to announce has been a pleasure to eat lately. Okay, maybe not a pleasure, but I eat my meals without a problem lately and considering that I used to just stare at my plate and get nauseas (!!!) it sure feels good to have salad added to an already good meal.

Another good sign is a change that I didn't even realize had happened. For the first six months of this therapy, I experienced dull pain in my legs - from my hips to the bottoms of my feet - following every coffee break. Yes, I said every coffee break. It would usually last for a half-an-hour or so. For what I'm guessing has been the last few weeks, I have had no leg pain what so ever. It just dawned on me one day - "Where's my leg pain?"And it gets better. I told Charlotte about it and she said the pain was a result of the tumor touching nerves. Well, if the pain no longer exists, I'm led to believe that this tumor of mine just might be shrinking.

1 comment:

  1. This is WONderful news!
    We are both excited to tears!
    The almost best Christmas gift ever.
    Love to Daniela, Callisto and Beau.

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete