Friday, April 11, 2008

My Supplements

In case you are interested, I thought I share the supplements I am taking. I had the privilege of having my supplement list reviewed by the Chief Naturopath at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. And with his recommendations, I have a number of supplements I take each day that will not only promote a healthy body during chemo & radio therapy, but will also raise the effectiveness of those treatments.

Those with links are recommended distributors (recommended to me not by me). I have no opinion on the subject. I am only passing it along:

Whey Pure Protein, at least 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day
Probiotics, 1/2 tsp 3x/day
Multivitamin, 2 caps daily
Mineral supplement 2 caps daily
COQ10, 60 mg capsules, 1 cap, 3x/day = 360mg daily
Milk Thistle, 175 mg, 2 capsules, 3x/day = 1000mg daily
Vit C, 500 mg, 2 tablets, 3x/day = 3000mg daily
Wobenzyme, 3 tabs, 3x/day: on empty stomach
Miatake, 2 capsules: at bedtime
Melatonin, 20mg: at bedtime
Curcurmin, 500 mg, 4-6 capsules/day
IP6, 2 tabs, 3x/day: on empty stomach w/ wobenzymes
Vitamin A - 25,000 IU per cap, 1 cap 2X/day
Vitamin D3 – 2000 IU per cap, 1 cap per day
L-Glutamine powder – 1 Tbsp (10,000 mg) in water or juice 2x day

3 comments:

  1. Lordy!
    You're going to either be the healthiest person in town or you're going to have the most expensive urine.
    I take a lot of those myself ...
    love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your onc pro or con regarding supplements while on chemo/rads?
    I know there are 2 schools of thoughts on this.
    Curious,
    Rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. reply to Rain:

    I have not shared my supplement list with my oncologist. However, were I at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, the supplements I am taking are approved by their oncologists.

    ReplyDelete