Friday, February 29, 2008

Health Update

Thursday I was examined by a colorectal doctor. He did a digital (yes that means his finger) which was then followed with a digital (who had a smaller finger) by his intern. They then popped in the scope for a visual. The exam revealed no growth - no change - only a little more tenderness on one side. Shrinkage would be ideal news, but no growth - I mean zero growth, same size as it was last year - comes in a damn close second. Nothing in the exam suggested that anything out of the ordinary caused the pain. Only the obvious - the presence of a tumor. I suppose it is that simple.

At this point, I am satisfied that there was zero growth. Please? No. But satisfied.


I fell asleep early on Thursday evening - around 8 PM - then I woke up a little after 9 PM passing a stone. I don't know what kind it was, but I immediately went to my bottle of prescription pills and took one, followed by a second one about 60 seconds later. Within 15 minutes the pain was gone and I quickly fell asleep. On Friday I felt fine. No stone passing pain and no residuals from the previous day's experience.

2 comments:

  1. Are you saving all these stones? I hear that you can make some really beautiful and unique jewelry with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are "pearls" yer passin', my bud!

    Love,
    capnhook

    ReplyDelete